Looking for something fun to do with the kids over the Easter holidays? Baking and decorating these Easter inspired cake pop hares from Suicra is a sure way to keep them entertained for hours!
Cake Pop Hares
- 200g ground almonds
- 90g Siúcra Granulated Sugar
- 200 g sponge cake as fine crumbs
- 100ml Chocolate Sauce
- White or milk chocolate
- 20 coca cola bottle sweets
- Heart cake decorations
- Wooden skewers, e.g. barbecue skewers, halved
- Mix together all the ingredients for the dough and form the dough into slightly oval buns.
- Press two holes in each bun. Use the handle of a teaspoon, for example.
- Melt the chocolate over a water bath and drop a little into the holes on the buns.
- Press a coca cola bottle firmly into each hole and place on a wire rack until the chocolate has set.
- Brush one side of the buns with chocolate and place on the wire rack until the chocolate has set. Turn the buns and brush the other side.
- Before the chocolate sets, press a heart decoration onto each bun for the nose. Pipe icing sugar onto the biscuits for the eyes, whiskers and mouth.
- Push a skewer firmly into each bun. Store in a cool place.