Unlike regular potatoes when roasted, sweet potatoes begin to caramelise and ooze out a delectable sweet caramel sauce. This recipe created by Love Sweet Potatoes – the experts in all things sweet potatoes – results in the perfect ooze-full roasted spud that will have everyone reaching for more!
With around only 200 calories each per serving, the roast sweet potatoes recipe is guilt-free and also gluten-free but – beware – as they may steal the spotlight on dinner plates.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6.
- Scrub and cut 1 sweet potato (around 200g) into 3-4cm chunks. Place in a bowl and toss with 1tsp vegetable oil, a pinch of chilli flakes and ½tsp ground coriander.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until golden and tender.
201kcal, 3.9g fat, 0.6g saturates, 42.6g carbs, 11.4g sugar, 6.4g fibre, 2.6g protein, 0.2g salt
Sweet potatoes, unlike regular potatoes, also count toward the recommended 5-a-day and this recipe for fluffy and vibrant mashed sweet potato is the ultimate irresistible side dish that will make ‘getting your greens’ a pleasure. It’s also a delicious dollop of Vitamin C, great for helping fight off the coming winter chill, and contains 63% of daily needs for vitamin A.
- Peel 1 sweet potato (around 200g) and chop into 2.5cm chunks.
- Put into a small pan of cold salted water. Cover, bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes until tender.
- Drain, then mash with 1tsp butter.
211kcal, 4.7g fat, 2.8g saturates, 42.6g carbs, 11.4g sugar, 6.4g fibre, 2.4g protein, 0.3g salt