Just because the weather is a little bit colder (and wetter we know!), it doesn’t meant that we should relegate the barbecue to the shed until next year. This quick homemade barbecue sauce from Siucra is perfect for barbecuing in wintry weather, or indeed the Summer!
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 75g Siucra rich dark brown sugar
- 250ml tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan.
- Add the onion and fry until soft but not coloured.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further minute.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add the tomato ketchup and heat through.
- Store in the fridge for up 1 week in a clean jar.
Top tip: Dark brown sugar is great for marinades especially homemade BBQ sauce. During cooking, it caramelizes and this enhances the flavour and contributes to the browning process. It can handle being cooked at high temperatures so it is perfect for cooking meats and grilling.