Bord Bia has teamed up with sports nutritionist Daniel Davey to develop a suite of delicious egg recipes using Bord Bia Quality Assured eggs which are high in nutritional value and suitable for any meal occasion.
Daniel Davey is Senior Performance Nutritionist at Leinster Rugby and Dublin GAA and also co-founder of FoodFlicker, a popular source of recipe inspiration developed by a group of qualified nutritionists and researchers who aim to improve people’s understanding of appropriate nutrition through creative photos, exciting videos and informed opinions.
Along with high quality protein, eggs are also naturally rich in iron, vitamin D, B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B12, iodine, selenium and other essential dietary vitamins and minerals – all in under 70 calories for a medium-sized egg. Eggs are ideal for quick and tasty lunch or dinner options for a busy person on the go. At less than €2 for half a dozen eggs, they are also excellent value.
This new recipe from Daniel is for mini fritattas with ham, peppers, and spinach has been designed for Bord Bia, and bordbia.ie/eggs.
Mini Frittatas with Ham, Peppers and Spinach
Makes 6 mini frittatas
- 4 eggs
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 handfuls of spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 slices ham or cooked bacon, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C (350°F).
- This mixture will make 6 mini frittatas so line 6 cups of a muffin tray with some baking paper or large muffin cases.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the red pepper, scallions, spinach and ham.
- Spoon this mixture into the 6 muffin cases.
- Beat the eggs and season with salt, pepper and a little cayenne pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cases until each one is nearly full.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes and serve.