A warm and comforting dessert is exactly what’s needed as the nights draw in and temperatures drop. Make the most of in-season fruit with Siúcra’s Simple Berry Crumble, the perfect dish to take your taste buds from summer to autumn. The delicate cinnamon notes in the crumble are reminiscent of warm autumnal comfort food and the sweet berry flavours evoke summer memories of warm sunshine. Siúcra’s Dark Brown Sugar gives the crumble on this quick and simple dessert its delicious crunchiness.
- 500g mixed berries
- 90g Siúcra Granulated Sugar
- ¼ tsp of vanilla extract
- 150g Siúcra Rich Dark Brown Sugar
- 90g plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 80g porridge oats
- 100g butter, softened at room temperature
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine the berries, Siúcra Granulated Sugar and vanilla extract and place in a pie dish.
- For the topping, mix the Siúcra Rich Dark Brown Sugar, flour, cinnamon and oats.
- Add the butter and mix into a crumbly mixture.
- Spread evenly over the berries and bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Serve hot with custard or homemade vanilla cream.