Well this is an unusual recipe for us. Marks & Spencer have come up with a way to use up any leftover hot cross buns on Easter Sunday with a recipe for a hot cross bun crusted lamb and salsa verde!
You’ll certainly impress your guests this weekend if you cook up this meal.
For the lamb
- 2 lamb racks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the crust
- 2 luxury hot cross buns, blended into rough crumbs
- 40g unsalted butter, softened
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- ½ pack parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest only
- Pinch salt
For the salsa verde
- 2 banana shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tin anchovies
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 pack fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 pack fresh mint, finely chopped
200g purple sprouting broccoli to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly oil and season the lamb racks.
- Mix the bun crust ingredients and press onto the lamb racks.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped shallots and olive oil into a small saucepan and cook until soft and sweet.
- Add the anchovies, capers and lemon juice and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Stir the chopped herbs through.
- Serve the lamb with steamed purple sprouting broccoli dressed with salsa verde; add extra salsa verde on the side.
All of the ingredients listed above are available to purchase in 17 M&S Irish Stores!