This layered dessert gives the classic rocky road a sophisticated makeover. Simple but eye-catching, it combines a variety of textures and the rich flavours or chocolate and coffee for delicious results.
- 2 gelatine leaves
- 60g Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsp (1 shot) espresso
- 200ml double cream
- 70g chocolate drops
- 60g Siúcra Rich Dark Brown Sugar
- 120ml cream, whipped
- 100ml crème fraiche
- 4 tbsp pecans
- 100g Siúcra Caster Sugar
- 4 tbsp mini marshmallows
- Chocolate curls or shards
- To prepare the pecans, place the nuts on a baking tray lined with parchment. Place the Siúcra Caster Sugar into a non-stick small saucepan and heat over a low heat until a light golden colour. Remove from the heat and carefully pour over the pecans. Leave to cool.
- To prepare the coffee mousse, soak the gelatine leaves in 100ml cold water. Combine the Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar, espresso and double cream in a saucepan and heat the cream on a medium heat. Take the cream off the heat. Squeeze the excess water from the softened gelatine and add this to the hot cream and whisk well. Sieve the mixture into a jug and pour into the glasses. Place them in the fridge for about an hour.
- To make the chocolate cream, melt the chocolate drops over a bain-marie (bowl of simmering water) together with the Siúcra Rich Dark Brown Sugar, stirring from time to time. Take off the heat and leave to cool slightly. Fold the cream and crème fraiche into the chocolate.
- To assemble, place most of the marshmallows and a few crushed glazed pecans into the glasses on top of the set coffee mousse and spoon in the chocolate mousse. Sprinkle over a few marshmallows and pecans on the top and decorate with chocolate curls or shards.