Celebrate the summer season with a delicious and easy to make Gin Fizz cocktail created by Siúcra and Catherine Fulvio. Whether you’re throwing the perfect summer soiree or just want to cool off on a hot summers day, why not try this refreshing Gin Fizz cocktail.
Siúcra’s and Catherine Fulvio’s simple recipe is bursting with zesty flavours and only requires a few steps to recreate at home.
Makes 1 cocktail
For the sugar syrup
- 150g Siúcra granulated sugar
- 300ml water
- 2 large sprigs mint
For the cocktail
- 50ml gin
- 30ml mint sugar syrup
- 2 mint sprigs
- 3 or 4 blueberries
- 2 to 3 lemon slices, to decorate
- Mint sprigs, to decorate
- Sparkling water or Indian tonic water, to top up
Siúcra Caster Sugar, for the rim of the glass
To make the sugar syrup
- Place Siúcra Granulated Sugar and water into a saucepan, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes until a syrup forms.
- Take it off the heat and add the mint sprigs and leave to infuse in the syrup until it is cold before taking them out.
To decorate the rim of the glass
- Using a small brush with a little water, brush around the rim and dip into Siúcra Caster Sugar and leave to dry for 10 minutes.
To prepare the cocktail
- Using a medium size glass, pour the gin and mint sugar syrup into the glass, add the mint sprigs and blueberries.
- Add a few ice cubes and the slices of lemon.
- Top up with sparkling water or Indian tonic water.
- Decorate with a sprig of mint.