We hear the snow is on the way back so we might cook up a batch of Siúcra Snowball Cakes. Quick and easy to make, these delicious coconut-coated Snowball Cakes are the perfect snow day treat!
- 225g butter, warmed to room temperature
- 45g Siúcra Icing Sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 300g plain flour
- 300g Siúcra Icing Sugar for rolling the cakes in
To make the Snowball Cakes
- Preheat the oven to 175 C, line a baking sheet with baking parchment, and set it to one side.
- Whisk the butter until creamy and then add the Siúcra Icing Sugar and salt, mixing well. Add the vanilla sugar, cornflour and desiccated coconut.
- Continue mixing at low speed while adding the flour a little at a time, until you have a smooth batter.
- Roll the batter into balls (1 tbsp of batter for each), place on the baking sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Remove balls from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before rolling in plenty of Siúcra Icing Sugar. Place them on a wire rack and leave to cool fully.
- Roll the balls in Siúcra Icing Sugar again just before serving.